Friday, January 20, 2012

New Arrivals!

Got my new CuC from Reef Cleaners and some new livestock from Sea Life Inc.


Reefcleaners CuC:
The snails all look about like snails. A few extras, most of 'em seem fine. Got a few each Nassarius, Dwarf Ceriths, and small Nerites. The Fuzzy Chiton has moved a bit, seems ok. Same with the two Limpets. Even the four hermits are pretty cool, one is in a Cowrie shell, and the other three have kind of lemon-lime green legs.



SeaLifeInc order:
I got some ricordeas that look really, really good! I'm very impressed. I ordered 3 different single mouthed specimens, and they sent me those, plus a really pretty 3 mouthed one free! The hairy stars both seemed fine, then retreated into the rocks. I assume they're nocturnal. The urchin has been moving around, I hope he does well, very cool little thing. The zoa frags look good too, one is on a frag plug and the other was basically loose polyps that I just scattered around my existing zoas for some extra color. The zoas were supposed to be five polyps each, and were more like 10-12 each. 

I forgot to get more Superglue gel at the store today, so for now everything is placed rather tentatively.  I'll try to get some good pictures after tomorrow's water change has settled, but here are some quick night shots.




Nano Red Bristle Starfish and 3 mouthed Ricordea



Pin Cushion Urchin



Single Ricordea



Single Ricordea



3 mouthed Ricordea


2 comments:

  1. Nice Looking Salt Tank!

    I did fresh water for quite some time back in the 60's & 70's... Wanted to go Salt, but things were not as good back then as they are now for Salt tanks!

    Great pictures... nice and sharp, no flare from the tank...

    You got this nailed!

    Patrick AKA Pierre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's been a lot of work and a ton of learning, but it's well worth it!

    ReplyDelete